The incident happened when an elephant wandered into a farm field and got stuck in the electric wires of a water tank.
The incident happened in a field near Kiramanda under Kolladimadugu forest, when the 40-year-old female elephant was walking, separated from a pig. The animal entered the school and tried to chew the electrical wires. He was electrocuted and died instantly. The elephant was cremated outside the village with pujas by villagers and forest staff. Forestry officials have launched an investigation.
It is to be noted that some wild elephants from the protected forests of Tamil Nadu strayed into the Koundinya sanctuary in Andhra Pradesh a few days ago and have re-entered the area and attacked the property. sometimes planted.
Farmers and residents of forest villages live in fear of pachyderms entering human homes.
Meanwhile, forest officials have expressed concern over the rise in electrocution incidents of wild elephants in and around the Koundinya sanctuary.
In a similar incident, a male elephant, around 30 years old, was killed after coming in contact with a live electric fence installed around a farmland. Nagireddypalli in V. Kota Mandal on 2nd November. In the past ten years, nearly two wild elephants have been electrocuted together. Chittoor district.